Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Thought September 20, 2012

I am a talk radio junky.  I work at my desk or drive all over the region to meet with clients, so it's a no-brainer, really.  If you have this type of job you are probably a talk radio junky too!

This morning's local talk radio discussion centered around a young man who dances on the side of a major highway, outside a busy outlet shopping center. I've seen him my self! 

When I see the highway dancer, as I learned this morning that he calls himself, I always think he looks happy.  So does everyone else apparently. 

Some callers shared information that painted a bit of a picture of the young man.  He is 21 years old and works for two retail stores and word has it he dances to "relieve stress."

Several callers suggested ways for him to turn his happy highway dancing into paying gigs.  Some suggested dance-off's with a similar dancer in another, nearby town. 

It put me in mind of my many friends and family who have tried to encourage me to work in food as I love to cook and usually turn out edible items... Sometimes we just need to do what we love and not be paid for it. Otherwise, it might be less enjoyable. 

Ironic, really, since it IS ideal to love what you get paid to do as you will be more satisfied and, potentially, more successful.   I am one of those lucky people who do what they love and get paid for it - I cook edible items as well!  

In a recent conversation with my niece at a family vacation I found the need to explain that I don't get paid if I don't work. "But, how can that be vacation if you are working, Aunt Mary!" 

Photo Courtesy of  3riversepiscopal.blogspot.com 
"Well," I told her, "I am on vacation all the time."

And that is truly how I feel.  I wish for everyone that they find their calling and enjoy what they do and find a balance between work and personal life.

So many drudge to work and whine about about terrible this and terrible that, counting off the days to the weekend or vacation.  If this is you, you may want to read the article I just came across on the Minimalist Mom Blog:  


While the lifestyle may not be for you, it should get you thinking about how you might change parts of your life that YOU are not satisfied with. 

Be Happy!



Other articles that may be of interest:
Sep 07, 2012
Draw happy faces on the computer or on paper. Turn up your CD Player as loud as you dare and sing ... Google search "How to cheer yourself up" or "Happy images." Fly a kite or blow bubbles. Call or visit someone who ...
Sep 10, 2012
In order to break the negative cycle, you might need to go through the motions of being positive or appearing happy. Not convinced? Get up right now and go look in the nearest mirror. What do you see? Would you engage ...
Aug 24, 2012
People like to interact with happy people. When you ... Not right away, but eventually, you will feel happier if you act happier. Part of the ... Smiling lifts your face and makes you appear not only younger, but happy and healthy.
Apr 06, 2012
The negative emotions can be especially magnified at holiday time when Delaware familes join together and expect happy times. Well meaning friends and relatives often increase the sense of frustration and anger that can ...
1
 
2

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Popular Posts