Monday, November 19, 2012

Help with medical prescriptions and healthcare

Photo from:  http://www.morguefile.com/creative/mensatic
Sometimes I learn the most from my clients!  While meeting with an injured worker recently, she mentioned that she was able to get free medications through Maryland Medbank/.  The catch - the medications needed to be name brand.  No generic medication.  She is fine with this, naturally!

I often work with clients who have lost their health insurance and/or are unable to afford unrelated, but necessary medications when off work for an employment related injury.  It had been a while since I had done a search for resources that might be helpful, so this was a good excuse for me to do so!

Besides the Maryland based organization mentioned above, I found a great resource to find help with not only prescriptions, but other health and insurance related issues as well:  Health Finder.

This site is chock full of resources including quit smoking, diabetes, healthy living, exercise, etc.  Here are some of the main sections highlighted on the home page.


An encyclopedia of over 1,600 health topics from the most trusted sources.
 

Locate a doctor, health center, organization or public library.
Free interactive tools to check your health, get personalized advice, and keep track of your progress.
Check out our new myhealthfinder widget.
This month's top searches for health information.
Get the latest health news and information in Spanish.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Please contact me if you have questions about other resources or wanted to share any additional information.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Popular Posts