Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Tip November 6, 2012

IT'S ALMOST MONDAY....

Photo from:  http://www.morguefile.com/creative/seabreeze
I started out my work day yesterday (Monday) much as most people do. I checked my calendar - everything was good there. I had one appointment for which I was already prepared. So far so good!

Then I checked my e-mail, which at first appeared to be routine. As I scanned down through the list of incoming mail, I noticed a suspiciously high number of requests for resume rewrites. I thought back over the last several days and realized I hadn't gotten any request for resumes.

After glancing back through the past two weeks, I found that that pattern held true:  A spike of resume work requests were present in my Monday inbox versus any other day.  Sunday's inbox held a few prospects for me, as did Tuesday. But Monday was far and away a huge spike in the need for resumes, at least with my potential and existing clients.

While I realize this is far from scientific, it was enough to get me thinking: What could be different about Monday?  Here is my theory in a nutshell:  People are faced with returning to jobs they don't like after a weekend away from said job.

The need to find a new job asserts itself with the prospect of yet another work week.  Very sad! I think we have all been here a time or two, but hopefully not for long....

We all work 8, 9, 10 or 12 hours a day  - that is a large chunk of our day.  A third of the day plus some is spent working.  That leaves a third or less sleeping and a third or less with family and other personal matters.

I don't blame you for wanting to make a change NOW if your job is not what you want or not moving you toward your career goals... Just don't way til Monday.

IT'S ALMOST MONDAY....NOW!

If you need help making a change, let me know.  A $59 Resume qualifies you for  unlimited career counseling via email and internet for one year at $39.

Other articles that may be of interest:

Oct 19, 2012
The Five Questions Every New Employee Should Ask On Their First Day - Forbes http://onforb.es/RQff8U. Retweeted by Mary Sevinsky · #Job Search #Tip Make your résumé unique to you and your current career goals ...
Oct 29, 2012
The dynamics at home will quickly transform and appear to take on a new rhythm that, at first, may not seem too bad. But, if the job search takes longer than expected, or if any party doesn't feel it is going well, then it may not ...
Feb 09, 2012
Job Search for the Rest of Us! Working to get People Working....Information and Resources for those looking for work as well as those needing to make or manage a career plan. ... Tips on Keeping Your New Job. Are you ...
21 hours ago
You may have changed employers or jobs as other opportunities presented themselves. But in all likelihood you didn't plan your current career path. Now you can take the time to consider an plan a new path - you never know ...

1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Popular Posts